The resources listed below are provided to help you compose effective and efficient Instagram lesson plans. Each hyperlink includes a short description.
- What is Instagram and why is it so popular? (Lux, 2011): If you’ve never explored the application before, here is a quick rundown of what it involves and offers.
- What journalists should know about Instagram, bought by Facebook (Sonderman, 2012a): Now that you know what the outlet is about, find out what important information journalists should know concerning Instagram.
- Seven ways news outlets can use Instagram (Bartlett, 2013): Highly creative tips and examples of how reporters can share images and videos through the platform.
- Sixteen creative uses of Instagram video (Knoblauch, 2013): Videos are a growing component of the outlet, thus here is a list of creative video ideas.
- RTDNA: Guidelines for social media and blogging (Tompkins, 2014): Pointers that will help you set social media ground rules for your students. Pick and choose what you think will best fit the needs of your classes.